Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Accidental Vegetarian


I snitched a piece of fudge yesterday morning. My sisters and I made up a large goody box last week for our brother who is serving a mission right now, and a big batch of fudge was the last thing we made. My husband looked so bereft at the notion of all that fudge leaving his home forever (I've never made HIM fudge!) that I cut the batch in half and sent the remainder to Elder Bear and the rest of his roommates.

Mimi has already gathered a few nicknames-Screamin' Mimi, Crabby Mimi, etc. The girl has lungs.

I noticed yesterday that after nursing her, post-fudge, she would be happy and then spit up and start to scream. Could it be the chocolate?

My grandpa sent me home with soy milk, and I drank that instead of cow milk yesterday and today. She's only had one short crying spell today. Normally she can't lay on her back more than five minutes without spitting up acid, but she just lay quietly next to me for half an hour while I worked on a project. Could it be the milk?

I'm going to keep dairy and chocolate out of my diet for a while and see if Mimi continues to improve. Combine this with the infrequency that I serve meat, and I might become an accidental vegetarian! Thank goodness for calcium-fortified soy milk and large multi-vitamins!

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Here's hoping! I wonder if it's just the milk??? Is Cheese ok?

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hey, you WON over at Sew, Mama, Sew! http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=643