Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bead and Wire Necklaces

Again, we were in such a hurry to wrap gifts, I didn't take pictures! So here is a picture of my first try, complete with crazy rainbow colors, and the crazy kinky wire I had on hand before I purchased a better gage.

I found my instructions here

This was a really fun, easy, beautiful way to make necklaces. I even got lucky and picked school colors for my cousin, on accident! I picked up all the supplies at Jo-Anns, and used screw clasps because that's what I had on hand from previous beading endeavors. If you like, you can use crimp beads on either sides of the colored beads to hold them in place, rather than looping around.

I don't know if I do it right, but the easiest way for me to crimp beads is to squeeze it once with the needle nose pliers, then holding the squashed bead on a side with the pliers press it against the counter at an angle to start a new bend and bend the bead in half.

Enjoy the tutorial- the author gave me permission to post it. She's a lovely person!

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

You forgot to mention how to be CAREFUL with your needlenose pliers...now they have wire snippers...and how you can cut/pinch/maim yourself while using one or the other!

Gigi said...

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you liked it! :D