Elder Richard G. Scott
- Play with our children, ENJOY it
- "If you want to have a wonderful wife, you need her to see you as a wonderful man and prospective husband"
- Never have a conversation you wouldn't want your spouse to overhear
- Kind and supportive to children?
- Men, do you lead family in prayer and scripture, or does wife fill in your gaps?
- Men, do you tell your wife you love her? You need to tell her- she will be blessed for your assurance and gratitude.
- Pure love is incomparable, potent power for good. Righteous love is necessary for a successful marriage.
- Mothers have instincts to know special needs of children.
- Need to go back and read this one...with a highlighter!
- He truly and deeply loves his late wife, Jenine. So sweet to hear.
- "I am confident that when we are reunited, we will be even more in love because of this time we have spent separated by the veil."
Elder Todd D. Christoferson
- Heavenly Father has high expectations of us, to make our transformation possible into something better
- Gospel requirements are not a list of deposits to be made, it's a way to become what God desires us to become.
- Willingly accept and seek correction.
- Who the Lord loveth, He chasteneth. Difficult to endure, shows He loves us.
- Chastening: Persuade to repent, refine and sanctify, redirect course
- We must listen to those in authority to chasten us, or they will stop trying.
- It occurs to me that I must be as excellent as I can, no matter my surroundings.
Carl B. Pratt
- When we keep commandments we are blessed
- Tithing- be honest and pay our debts to the Lord. All He asks is 10%
- Pay it first and quickly.
- Tithing is about faith, not money
Lynn G. Robbins
- To become like Christ, we must do what Christ did
- Teach children to be like Christ
- Don't correct symptoms (fighting) correct attributes (patience and love)
- Persuasion, long-suffering, kindness, knowledge
- Don't label children- separate acts from identity
- Need to read this one again
- Christ suffered according to the flesh, so He could know how to succor his people according to the flesh.
- No matter the challenges that surround us, doctrines of atonement will give us peace and strength
- Know that it is the Lord who has sustained us
C. Scott Grow (I adore his name :)
- Told the story of his brother- made mistakes as a young man, lost church membership, health, and marriage. After a decade came home, repented, re-gained church membership. Re-married. Died recently.
- Grateful for repentance and atonement.
- Christ atoned for sins, pains, sorrows. Heals the sinner and the innocent.
- There is no sin, transgression, pain, sorrow atonement can't heal (except sons of perdition)
- Satan tells us we are lost.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- Reflect on messages of conference, and what conference is,
- We testify that God lives and that He speaks. Counsel we've heard is under direction of the Holy Spirit and will and voice of the Lord.
- No speakers have been assigned a topic.
- Preach repentance, good tidings, and bind up the broken hearted. Proclaim liberty to the captives, unsearchable riches of Christ.
- "Apparently the gospel is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable." :)
President Thomas S. Monson
- Read and study messages when we receive the Ensign magazine
- Be good citizens and neighbors
- examples of honesty and integrity
- Bore his testimony of Christ