Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Decorating

Even if I've shown you this before, I have to do it again. These canvases just make me so happy! (From left to right, Mimi, Ernie, and me.) I still have my fantastic flower garland up, it makes me so happy too! I have a boom box, too. What do you call those things? My sister bought it for me when I spent a summer away from home- I was a crazy kid, I know. I'd finished two years of community college, and didn't have any summer plans before my junior year started at the University. Wouldn't you have spent the summer at BYU too? I don't know if you still can, but I was able to attend for a summer quarter without every applying to BYU. I took pottery, teachings of our prophets, genealogy, piano lessons...all things I either couldn't take at UW, or would never have time to take! It was a fun summer, but really weird too- I was in a freshman dorm, and technically they were my age, but....I didn't really fit in :) To this day I still don't know how to properly blow dry or curl my hair, and those girls had turned it into a life style, they could spend HOURS every day getting ready!

canvas paintings
We love our globe, it was a Christmas gift from Santa for Wonder Daddy. The flower picture was from a rummage sale at a retirement home in Seattle- my grandma and I went to meet a friend of hers for lunch year and years and years ago. Probably 15 years now. It's hand painted, and I love it. I think I bought it for a dollar, and just couldn't bear to leave it there. I thought about who might have painted it, if the artist still lived at the home, or if a child or friend had painted it as a gift.... there's another picture I picked up that day, it's hanging in my daughters' room. The frames could use some love. (The little gadget thing is a thermometer reader- the sensor is in the greenhouse, it's so much fun to see what the temperature is down there!)

tableu

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Love the "spring" touches. and the word wish....would be fun to have on my walls...because I believe if you can first wish it, then work hard to get it, it can happen.
Happy Day

LunaMoonbeam said...

Happy, happy spring!!

Unknown said...

I love your green walls and the paintings! I wish I had green walls. Soon soon. Thanks for the plug:)