Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20, 2013

Snow day snow day!  Local school districts are canceled, we have an inch on the ground :)


This is where I found the girls when I got out of bed- breakfasted, teeth brushed, beds made, and ready to go!





I made fruitcake yesterday, and nearly cried when I took my first bite and DID get a tear in my eye when I tried it with cheddar (very sharp cheddar.). It's just like my grandma used to make and I miss her.  This is what I will be eating for most of my meals until it runs out :)


Goofy kids are out a third time- they come in just long enough for cocoa and their mittens to dry in the dryer.  This time a snowman is going up!  Mimi is marching around them singing and running to slide on her knees.  She was doing it on the driveway too- ouch!


Good thing our neighbor friend is here- the girls were getting nowhere making a snowman this morning!  M has big siblings, and she knows how to roll up a good snowman :)

J came home early from work today and my sister took Ernie up to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a sleepover.  J ran out to get a pizza for dinner, we watched Charlie Brown's Christmas and had some folks from church over for a choir rehearsal.

Cocoa is 100% better today, though he did sleep in till 8:00 and took a nap from 2:00 to nearly 6:00 when we woke him up.  Tired kid!

It's raining outside now, the snow will be gone by morning, but what a great snow day!  First snow in two years :)

No comments: