Couging it: "To clutch defeat from the jaws of victory." --Seth Kolloen *
- It's cloudy and gray
- It's cold
- I'm living on Halloween candy and milk, and have lost a pound in the past half week
- I've also been sick for the past half week. Coincidence?
- I volunteered to be in charge of deciding what food to buy and serve at a wedding reception next Friday.
- I have an accounting degree, took pre-calculus four times studying a different curriculum each time (and yes, getting an A each time**, thankyouverymuch), took Calculus, and have a bachelors in ACCOUNTING. Yet, the math required for this reception is beyond me. How many slices of cheese will a person consume? How many candied cranberries? Do people eat candied cranberries, besides me?
- I took my necklace inventory to a friend's shop today, to see if she'd be interested in stocking it.
- She counseled me to double the chain length, change the chain color to something more antiqued, only offer solid color beads, and to nearly double the price.
- She might consider stocking them as a favor to me.
- My daughter peed on her shop floor. I put her just outside the glass doors, and then turned to find her licking the doors.
- I'm not going back there, am I? Like, ever?****
*Yes, UW is my alma mater.*** Why do you ask?
** Thinking back, the lowest grade I received in my entire college career was marketing. That doesn't bode well- can't I just sell things because they're AWESOME, and everyone knows it? I don't have to tell them how awesome they are, right? Because they are. Awesome, that is.
*** The Cougars reside at UW's rival, Washington State University, aka. WSU, aka "wazzu." They're kind of known as a cow-tipping, party school. I'm not sure what they think of us- I probably don't want to know!
**** I left a necklace with my friend, that she admired, as a gift. If she tells me that people admired it, then....well, we'll see.