Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Art Every Day Month, Day #9

Cocoa helped me make a new pendant- think I know just the person to send this to!

gold nest with pink beads

It's copper wire, like the others, but colored a bright gold.  The stone beads are a pale, translucent pink.  From the recommendation of my sister, I'm toying with a new way of finishing the nests- I attach a jump ring straight to the nest, without fooling around with a wrapped loop.  I think I like it!

gold nest with pink beads

This nest felt trickier than others I've been making- I couldn't find the way the wire wanted to be until about half way through.  It's always so nice when it just *clicks,* I need to remember to slow down and pay attention, instead of getting frustrated it won't do what *I* want it to do!

gold nest with pink beads

I'll be ordering more supplies soon, and I'm toying with the idea of getting a different kind of metal wire.  But honestly, I'm a little scared- I've never worked with anything but this gauge of copper wire!  The shininess of sterling silver wire is kind of alluring, but I LOVE the colors of the copper!




1 comment:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Looks great!! The beads look small...maybe that's why the wire didn't want to cooperate?

Have a great day.