Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Minpin Tree

I told you about the Roahld Dahl book we enjoyed so much, The Minpins? And how we made little Minpin people?

Now they have a home.

An obliging gust of wind knocked some small pine boughs into our lawn, and we gathered them up for our own little Minpin habitat.



This playscape has been sitting on our kitchen table most of the week. And yes, I believe that ALL of my piano students so far have stopped in the middle of their lesson to stare at the kitchen table and ask "What is that?" Oh that? It's our Minpin tree. And then we do a quick synopsis of the story line, and I'm left thinking how grateful I am that, homeschooling or not, we've let ourselves get a little more involved in our activities this year!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Those minpins look....precariously perched!

Looks like fun. *grin*

Anonymous said...

How fun! I should send my kids to your house for school. :)

Elizabeth said...

Awww....awesome!

Unknown said...

I think I want to play with a minpin tree!

What I Did Today said...

I love your blog! I'm planning on homeschooling my girls too. I guess, to a certain degree, I already am. Though they're both under 2. I really like to see the creative ideas that others come up with. Did you ever get to have another ultrasound appointment? I'd probably have been bawling if that happened to me. Best wishes for an easy rest of your pregnancy!