Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday


Wonder Woman is having her revenge.

6:30-8:30 breakfast, clean kitchen, read to kids
8:30-9:00 piano lesson
9:30-11:30 make 14 pints of jam with Aunt LoLo. 80 pounds of peaches are FINISHED, we processed the last 10 pounds this morning.
11:30-1:30 get kids lunch and naps, check e-mails, start black beans for dinner, start load of laundry, sweep
1:30-2:30 weed yard (I heart my scuffle hoe)
2:45-3:00 make a cake with the kids
3:00-3:15 sweep
3:15-3:30 read to the kids, sweep (What? They kept eating graham crackers!)
3:30-4:00 piano lesson
4:30-5:00 piano lesson
5:00-6:00 get dinner ready, frost cake, help Yard Man get started on a project, sweep again

I'm finding that the problem with getting that wonderful "Second Trimester Burst of Energy" is that I am filled with an itchy desire to get everything done, and a horror of everything I've left undone the past few months.

We spent the evening celebrating The Meemster's second birthday. Yikes. She's still the yummiest thing around (although she'll worriedly yell "No! No 'asty!" if I ask her if she's delicious and could I please have a bite?) We had the sweetest sugar-bomb of a blue cake I've ever made, we had presents, we had a blast. Miss Mimi? Happy Birthday :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Sweet cake....
Hope all goes well...and send me some of that energy. =)

Su said...

Lol.... GREAT!
What a lot you accomplished during the day. Phew! Gotta love that you have that energy back up.

Happy birthday to Miss Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the little one! I can't believe she is already 2. How did that happen? Oh my.

I could use an energy spike like that... but I'm not willing to be pregnant to earn it! :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

I think that vague sense of horror...is called the Nesting Urge. ;-)

Cake looks great!! And I think I can almost taste it...it looks (and sounds) a lot like the one I made for MW's third birthday. WHEEEEE!!!!!!

Alexandra said...

LOL...I do the same to my five year old! She still giggles as I chase her trying to eat her up.

Happy birthday to Miss Mimi. :)

Elizabeth said...

Aw, sounds like such fun and LOADS of work. You are going great guns now! So, you are feeling well? When is the due date?'