Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Bit of Fall Nesting for My Mantel

This Fall, I'm finding myself simplifying. Summer brought layer on layer of color and energy into our home, and I need things to feel a bit warmer and calmer. The wreath is one of my favorites- I've had it for years, and have an assortment of silk and real flower picks, leaves, pine cones, and berry sprays to suit whatever season is at hand. The mirror is from Ikea, and the boxes are part of a nesting set that belonged to my grandmother. The flower garland...well, some colors I'm just not prepared to give up yet! (There are still some blooms outside, right? It's not totally out of place :) Oh, and the clock was a gift from my husband's aunt when we moved into our first house. If you can believe it, it's a plywood table round sponge painted with about 20 different colors. I love it!

The garland was a very sweet gift from fellow blogger Bobbi- the amount of work that went into crocheting all those flowers astounds me! (I think she has some fall colored ones in her Etsy shop now...with little acorns....so adorable!)


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww...thanks for the link! I have almost the same clock. It was a kit from the craft store with just the wooden face and clockworks. I finished mine with collaged paper and stain to look antique. I'm ready to do some fall decorating and I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. I need to start with dusting a little better!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hrm....fall decorating. What's that?! Somehow, I only have the drive to really decorate when I'm pregnant (and nesting!) LOL

Teresa said...

I need to start thinking about fall...but alas we are still in the 100's here....Fall take me away.... please =)

Elizabeth said...

I love your clock! It's really great.

the cape on the corner said...

i'm totally with you on the pops of color and flowers still blooming-i haven't bought any mums yet. i want to, but i don't want to get rid of my plants that are still living and flowered!

ann @ mylifeasprose said...

i LOVE the green of your walls, and i think it's a great color for working in a little fall :)

Unknown said...

Good taste - I clicked on your photo seeing that you called it 'simple' which is what I was going to call mine too. Then I noticed that our blog formats are very similar. Great minds think alike :)