We received some unexpected news this week- Wonder Daddy was let go (OK, fired) effective immediately. (Hi, peeps from Wonder Daddy's old company! We'll miss you, I know you're out there! :) Thought I'd make a 'grateful' list. Seems like one is overdue, don't you think? Consider this as me, reminding myself, that what will come will come- there's no sense in worrying about it, because worry never changed anything. We'll do every day as best we can, same as we always have, and try our hardest to prepare for what might come. Same as we always have.
Hopefully I'll take my own EXCELLENT advice! *grin*
1) The sun is shining. Boy howdy, the SUN.IS.SHINING. After a dark winter, it's hard to top the joy of sunshine.
2) Over the years I've had the chance to learn lots and lots and lots of skills. (No, not nun-chuck skills, unfortunately. Sorry, Wonder Daddy's side of the family!) I've learned enough that my family can be largely self-sustaining, as far as goods and services are involved. (We're going to play a game this summer, I told Ernie today: for the summer, we're going to see how often we can do something ourselves, instead of paying someone else to do it, or buying it. For a girl who daily requests restaurant meals...hopefully this will cool the requests. Nana and Grandpa J, she wants to know if you'll play with us when you come? I responded that you were REALLY good at this game!)
|From I Wonder Woman|
3) I have a exceptionally healthy family. Other than a few sniffles, my family made it through cold and flu season unscathed. This is remarkable considering....
4) My piano studio is the largest it's ever been, in 12 years of teaching. I have 14 kids coming through each week, which means that, aside from the joy of teaching kids....
5) We will have a steady (albeit smaller) income while Wonder Daddy focuses full-time on building his new tax/business consulting practice.
6) I have two amazing, gorgeous, loving, brilliant (of course) daughters.
7) I have a brilliant, hard-working, gorgeous husband. 'Nuff said. The man completes me, it's true.
8) Summer is coming, with garden produce, lower household bills, outdoor games, beach parks....it's going to be great! And CHEAP! (Before anybody asks- grow potatoes in garbage cans. Good stuff.)
|From I Wonder Woman|
9) OK, this one is silly, but my parents just found a darling vacation-getaway beach cottage on a tiny 9-mile-circumference island in the San Jauns. I'm kind of sort of really jazzed to go visit them there!!
10) Even though it's just a fledgling business, my husband DOES have work to do. Even if that work consists right now mainly of finding MORE work, hey- tasks are tasks! Idle hands are the devil's workshop, right? (And...oh, perhaps we could find some tasks to do around the house, eh honey?)
So. What are you grateful for on this Spring day?