Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Repurpose: Grandma's Clip-On Earrings


Over the years I've collected a lot of Grandma's jewelry. I loved knowing it was hers, and daydreaming about where she might have worn the pieces. Of course, this being 20-40 years later, and me being a somewhat timid dresser, many of the pieces have simply sat in the jewelry box.

I've had this idea for a while- Grandma had FANTASTIC clip on earrings. Great big plastic and metal and rhinestone affairs. I wore a few pairs for costumes and dress up and such, but wished there were a way to incorporate them into something...real. Something I could wear around town.

So...hey! Clip 'em on my nice and plain flats, and away we go. I'm kind of giddy with the possibilities now.




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Su said...

So very pretty!
That is a great use for the clip on earrings. Thanks for the idea

Teresa said...

What an absolutely fabulous idea- I'm going to copy-
Happy Day

Casey said...

What a GREAT idea!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Good job, Myrnie. :-)
(you know she's up there ROFL right now, right? 'cause her earrings? Her cheap costume jewelry earrings? They're on your FEET. Oh, how she's howling. I bet there are tears streaming down her face every time she thinks about it.)

Ticia said...

I love this idea! How fun.

Samantha said...

So VERY cute. Knowing me, I would walk two blocks and notice they were gone, though. And then I'd cry. But I love the photo and hope they stay on for you. :)

Elizabeth said...

Great idea! I love to do the same thing with my Grandmother's stuff. Isn't it wonderful to have something of theirs to help us always remember them?

Mama Papaya said...

You are a wealth of fabulousness. Love them.