Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Life

Rarely glamorous, but always full-to-the-brim!

Thought I'd just "keep it real" with a few pictures I snapped Friday evening. We had painters here, and our kitchen was a BUSY place!

Here's Ernie, eating her snack...on the floor. Did I mention we had painters? The girls and I were boxed into just a few rooms for a while.
You can see my mondo sugar, bag of apple scraps for the worms, and my empty canning-jar box...

Ahh, here we come to the crux of the matter: pots on the stove from canning apple butter, loaf pans from making bread, apple cake, crock pot I cooked the apple butter in, canning tongs, wheat grinder...



Eep! Sugar, empty boxes, clean dishes...
Why is it that a delicious and full life...is rarely a clean life? Oh well- I'd rather have a dirty kitchen and yummy homemade food any day! (And yes. It's sparkling clean now *grin*)

Happy Sunday, y'all! Hope it's a restful, blessed day!

"Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday...."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

I read a post yesterday touting the 'clean as you go' method. Heh. It's a GREAT idea..but difficult to execute when you're "homemaking" in stolen moments between sessions of "baby wrangling."

I'm sure everything is delicious!! We're eating breakfast now. We picked up some apple cider donuts at Stew's yesterday. Mmm. An east coast specialty, and QUITE tasty.

Su said...

I went away yesterday evening, and came home to a mess not unlike yours. (Although, I wouldn't have minded the fresh bread part). Sigh, I just looked at it, turned off the light, and went upstairs to get ready for bed.
Of course, I spent quite a bit of time this morning cleaning up :)