Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Farewell to Friends

When we found out that our good friends are moving to North Carolina in, like, TWO DAYS, Ernie and I kind of panicked.  She supplied enough tears for the both of us though, and managed to call them on the phone.

"Can you play before you leave?"

I talked to my friend, the mom, and managed to get all of them to our house in the next 15 minutes.  Winning!

Friends!

Man alive, I am going to miss these folks.  T.  is one of my very best friends, and we're both horrible introverts, with more kettles in the fire than we have arms to juggle them with.  (Translation: We don't see each other as often as we'd like, during the school year.)

We gabbed for 3 solid hours, cackled over how much MORE we adore our children once they're sleeping, traded stories of all the crazy people we've come across since we last saw each other, and bragged shamelessly on our husbands and all the neat things they're doing at work.  Sigh.  She's promised that we can be pen-pals, and that this move to North Carolina is at MOST four years, but...but....!!!!

(I had no idea the kids brought all their band gear into this photo!  Shows how much I pay attention while I'm setting up a tripod and timer and aperture and white balance and ISO and timer... while holding a baby :)  And really, WHAT on earth is Mimi doing with her poor face??  

No comments: