Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Thoughts

Wonder Daddy and I watched "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" last night- it was painful.  I thought the ending and ending credits were cute though.  Ernie and Mimi watched it with their grandma last night while we were out on a date- Ernie LOVED it.  I think we'll get that book next time we're at the library.

Speaking of books, this one looks cute.

We like this one, too.  I think we've checked it out from the library 4 times in the past 12 months.  Very good stuff for the kids who do things a little different.  (Wouldn't that statement cover ALL kids?  I love kids :)

Went shopping last night for new jeans- I've been buying Gap "Long and Lean" for years, they always fit like a glove.  (Which is ironic since I'm neither long nor lean.)  I bought them a size smaller than I ever have before (6) and the legs are still a bit baggy.  Hello clothing-size creep!  My sewing patterns are still brutally honest, and peg me at a 14, so don't worry- I won't let it go to my head!  :)

Even still, I lost 4 pounds this past month.  I decided to wean the baby- I didn't offer milk, she didn't ask.  Wow, that was easy!  My body started shutting down the dairy factory, I started losing inventory (read: FAT) and I thought that was that!  Baby decided we WEREN'T done, and ramped up the feeding schedule.  Whoa! said the body, burn all available fat!  Make that milk!  I am SO hungry this week! :)  It doesn't help that the baby keeps climbing into my lap after she finishes her meals and eating everything on my plate.  She must be growing!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

--Myrnie

8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Congrats on the weight loss...no easy task!

Charity said...

Isn't it amazing the differance between sewing sizes and store sizes, always blows my mind. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Cha Cha

Casey said...

You didn't like the movie? We loved it. :) Had me laughing out loud several times. I must be a goof.

Congrats on the weight loss. I wish I was in the losing dept... I'm just holding steady. Oh well, it will happen in due time. :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

I'm with Casey - I ADORED that movie. Lo Gung thought it was painful. ;-) Glad Ernie's with me, though!

And no comment on the size 6 comment. Because I'm wearing that EXACT jean right now, and they're only baggy after three days of wearing them. ;-)

Ticia said...

I avoided the movie because I like the book too much.
The pattern size reality really does help you see how the ready to wear is slowly getting larger.

Unknown said...

ahhhh, I miss babies climbing in my lap! what a sweet picture that conjured:)

Samantha said...

Painful?? I kind of loved it.

Samantha said...

P.S. I remember reading that womens' sizes for sewing patterns were determined in like the '50s or something, and sizes have gotten smaller and smaller ever since. So maybe it's not so much "honest" as "outdated." ;)