Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Primary Colors are 1, 2, 3

We made a fresh (double!) batch of our favorite play clay this morning (found by way of my new favorite make-a-mess-with-your-kids blog, Filth Wizardry). It made enough to make three really good sized balls of clay for our primary colors!

Ernie was rather hesitant when I handed her small balls of clay and told her to smash them together, but once she saw the results she had TONS of fun doing this!


We made a grid, labeled with our possible color combinations, and she drew pictures of what she made. Choosing a marker helped her decide what color her clay had turned.


We talked about what the primary colors are, and how ANY color can be made by mixing these together. Next time I'm hoping I can help her choose a marker, and then she can decide which colors she'd need to mix together to match.

7 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Good girl! I think even BBJ could handle this one...maybe.

Su said...

Very neat idea!

said...

You are one clever Mommy!

Teresa said...

How fun- I can't think of anything better than to have a bunch of cute little hands making play clay.
=)

Samantha said...

Oh, how sweet! You actually hang out with your kid and TEACH her things! I should try that! :)

And Filth Wizardry? Best blog name EVER. :)

Elizabeth said...

You are so smart to do this with your child. What a wonderful idea! I bet the two of you have a wonderful time.

We are back from our trip to Virginia and North Carolina. :( I miss it, but we had a wonderful time. When you have time come see the first photos of our day at Mt. Vernon. Ooh, to have a garden like that!
God bless,
Elizabeth

Debbie said...

How fun! I am definitely a tactile learner.