Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day is Done

It's 11:30, and I'm home, typing on the computer instead of going to bed, BECAUSE I'm pretty sure if I don't go to bed, I will never have to wake up in the morning and teach nursery.  I'm that scared :0)  

It's been a busy week- my class went well last night, I'll post details when I get a chance.  Yesterday and today was our neighborhood garage sale- a MAD house!  We didn't sell much, but I made some great finds around the neighborhood (immersion blender for a dollar?  Abelskiver pan for TWENTY-FIVE CENTS?  Ummm...yes please!  I think that second item is my absolute best thrift item to date.  The woman who sold it was just pickled pink that I knew what it was.  Nana, I need your recipe!)

My little sister,  the one Aunt LoLo and I waited through TWO brothers for (I love you guys!)....well, she graduated high school tonight, and I couldn't be prouder.  This past year she has just blossomed- she's confident, beautiful, and so talented.  She acts, draws, paints, writes poetry, plays guitar, and is Personal Super Hero to countless kids at her school who otherwise go slightly un-noticed.  She's always there for the little guy, always there for the deep discussions, always there for us.  We love you, Bert :)  You did good.

4 comments:

A Bert said...

Thank you Myrnie♥ I love you! What a crazy night though. seriously. haha

said...

Yum! I'll send you the recipe early next week when I get home.

Fun and full weekend for you! Best wishes today. You are going to have a blast with all the little munchkins and they are going to LOVE you.

PS All weekend your song "JR Birdman" has been playing in my head.... well at least the first phrase since that's all I remember... :-)

LunaMoonbeam said...

Glad all is happy and well and CHEAP AEBELSKIVER PANS.

Yeah. That, too. ;-)

Casey said...

I bet you did a great job with your nursery class. I'm glad your other class went well too. :)