Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Liver Cancer Awareness Earrings

A friend of my dad's passed away suddenly last week- he died of liver cancer. It was so quick, just 10 days between diagnosis and the end. I made these earrings up for his wife- I've never met her, but I hope she'll understand what I'm trying to say: I'm sorry for your loss, even though we've never met.

Sometimes, you just need to DO something, you know? I've never met her, so I don't think knocking on her door and offering a hug is a probable proposition. But I can make earrings, and hopefully they'll help. (According to my google search, yellow is the color for liver cancer awareness.)



What do YOU do when you can't think of anything else to do?

6 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Bake bread? The earrings turned out great, honey.

Debbie said...

Get frozen my inactivity. Your earrings are wonderful and I am sure they will be appreciated.

Su said...

Lovely earrings.... that is so sweet of you.
I usually resort to food.

Elizabeth said...

Myrnie -

I'm wearing my present!! I just got it in the mail and it fits my reading glasses perfectly! I'm going to use it with my sunglasses when I go out.

Wow...No more looking for my reading glasses...They are right on my body!

Plus, the beads are sooo pretty and are my favorite colors.

Thank you ever so much! I LOVE IT!!

Have a great day!
Elizabeth

No-L said...

I usually write a note or a "poem". The earrings are beautiful!

Tammy said...

I end up baking... I know meals are more useful, but baking is full of more LOVE, ya know? I make cobblers or gorilla bread, something fatty and decadent...