Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A little incentive?


If you will recall, I am currently in a contest of sorts. My twin sister and I have always weighed within a few pounds of each other, with a few notable exceptions (such as my being great with child, and her being...a hopelessly in love and impossibly skinny newlywed) We both had babies last Fall, so we began a friendly race back in January: whoever got to a certain weight, by a certain post-baby week would win a big set of cloth napkins. Well, Aunt LoLo is a chatty girl, and soon her friends were wondering if they could join our group? (Well gee- when have I actually been a founding member of a club? Come on in!)

At any rate, we're heading into month five and have shown considerable progress. Between the 10 of us, we've lost 80 pounds! Still, enthusiasm and motivation are lagging a little so I tossed these earrings into the center of the ring: biggest loser at Friday's weigh-in will get them in the mail.

What do you think? What would it take to motivate you?


4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Even earrings couldn't stop me from polishing off the cupcakes this week. *sigh*

However...it's been REALLY hot, and my wedding ring has been stuck on my finger for the past three days. Hopefully the temperature dip tomorrow will make my weight dip as well?

Dolly said...

I skipped ice-cream and dough nuts tonight...and I'm still walking for an hour (5 am) every morning! Those earrings look mighty pretty-♥

Debbie said...

You all have the best competitions! I can't wait to find out who wins.

Samantha said...

I am hoping I'm still in the running! :)