Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Days

I snapped these pictures of my kids in mid-August.  I love these pictures- they are so them right now.  It's fascinating to me to watch them become who they are, without any help from me.  (Besides getting out of their way.)

Ernie sure loves her rubber boots!  She's hitting her seven-year-change right on time, and it's amazing to see her growing and changing into this little-big girl.  Her limbs suddenly stretch out forever, she sneaks away with stacks of books just to be alone, she jumps in and asks to do whatever I'm doing.  She loves to push the stroller, get the mail, take the trash cans out.  Short tasks that she can do by herself, her own way, and then check it off.  Life isn't as magical as it was for her, but she's finding a lot of joy in quietly doing things on her own.  And sometimes, not so quietly insisting that her little siblings (and parents) follow along with her own little plans.  That poor head of hers, it runs away with ideas, and it's just shocking when we don't all follow along.  My sweet Ernie. Does anyone have a small country she could run?  Just for fun?

The Garden in August

The Garden in August

The Garden in August

No comments: