Roll me in butter.
Dip me in lard.
Fry me up-
I'm big as a barge!
Pretty much greatest day of my life today: I went to Five Guys, twice. Umm...and then my husband bought a peach milkshake, from Herfy's, to split.
My body is hating me right now, but a "little cheeseburger, all the way" is SOOO good.
I know days like today are few and far between, but gosh did I enjoy it-
- Wonder Boy slept from 9:30 to 9:00, only getting up to eat twice.
- I was in bed by 10 last night. Wow.
- Mimi was up at 6:30, but I let her crawl in bed with me and she slept till 8...an hour later than normal!
- I slept in till 9. When was the last time that happened?
- Breakfast for everybody, and by 10 we were at Grandma's for Ernie's weekly playdate (joint, with Ming Wai.)
- Went thrifting with Aunt LoLo, Mimi, Wonder Boy, and Siu Jeun. It was a bit hairy at times, but I found two sprouting jars, four gasket-lid mason jars for storing grains and pickles in, and a fabulous new dress. Score!
- Talked Aunt LoLo into lunch at Five Guys. WITH three small children. Memorable, but delicious....
- Naps at Aunt LoLo's house (although Mims never did fall asleep,) then dropped Mimi off to join the big girls with Grandma, and took Wonder Boy to Costco.
- Costco with one happy-to-be-out-and-about baby is a dream. He's my easiest baby yet. No one else believes me, because if he's not with me, he's most likely crying. But he loves his mama, and we have fun on our adventures!
- Home for another nap for baby, and got the kitchen cleaned up.
- Played with musical instruments with Wonder Boy till Daddy got home, and we hit the town for our date night. I don't know how I got so blessed- we've had a weekly date night almost every week since Ernie turned one.
- Back to the thrift store.....*blush* to pick up gaskets for my jars. I didn't see them on the shelf, but Aunt LoLo asked me about them as we were driving away.
- Since we were in the area...yeah, let's hit Five Guys again! Wonder Daddy was feeling left out, you see. Had to take one for the team. (Shall I take this moment to announce that I've lost 7 pounds in the last two months? I promise I'm not a pig all the time :)