Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29th

Remember that school work we didn't do yesterday?  Did it today.  And today's school work.  And the lesson we're not doing tomorrow.

9_21_2011 019

I don't want to say "Focus!" again until at least Monday, yeah?  Haha.  She really is a rock star, and she loves school so very, very  much.  She's smart as a whip, and has a great memory.  She almost got in trouble today during her spelling test, because I would give her a word, then go help a sibling, and come back to give her another.  Well, one of the "helping a sibling" moments went on a bit long, and when I came back, she'd nearly finished the test by herself.  Did she look at anything?  No, she just memorized the list.  (And yeah, she got all the words right.)  Handwriting and spelling are the only truly challenging things for her right now- everything is just challenging enough that she sees it as a good puzzle.  I should clarify- her spelling tests, she aces.  It's when she needs to come up with a sentence, with a noun and verb and punctuation and all that, and then write it down.  System overload!  I help her break the words down into phonemes, and she does pretty well.  Smart cookie.

We had a WELCOME break this afternoon, when friends came to visit- she has a two-year-old and a newborn, and is just as eager as I am to have adult conversation.

We ended the day with chicken-black bean nachos, a poop-painted bathroom floor, a shower, and finally a late-night run to the library for Wonder Boy and I.  Poor girls, I didn't even wait till their "lights out," which made Wonder Daddy chuckle.

I found some new-to-me Garth Nix books, some color and letter board books for the Mimster, and a collection of chapter books for Ernie.  With Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Magic Treehouse, and Magic School Bus on her reading stack, we'll know if she likes any of the popular series- that would make library trips easier!  I also found some used books in super condition on the sale shelf- they'll be Christmas presents :)

1 comment:

LunaMoonbeam said...

I can't help it...that picture makes me laugh! (And so does her spelling test. ;-))