Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Painting the front Room

Our darling kids managed to tear the curtain rod straight out of the wall playing hide and seek a few months ago- we had our handyman ( yes, he is ours and you can't have him!) patch the wall.  We are totally out of the green this wall was, weren't  sure new paint would match the old paint, and were ready to try something a little calmer than basil green on the walls so that I could have more fun with really bright accessories.

J chose the perfect gray!



He had to paint the tall parts, though. " I have a big head and little arms- I am not sure how well this plan was thought through."  The paint went on light and dried dark.


I did the cutting in with a 1" craft brush- I don't like to tape off!


This is what it looked like before we moved in- that railing thing was quickly replaced with a sturdy wall that children couldn't fall through and that didn't need plastic garden lattice zip tied to it.  Ahem.  HUGE thanks to J's dad for making that wall happen!  All the paint colors were so not what we wanted when we moved in- all dusty and faded.  Everything you see in sage here is now gray- the left part will be gray as soon as we have a full day to get out the BIG ladder and have time for J to paint up top.  I am not a big fan of ladders, either.  Guess I'm a pansy!

Living Room

Here it is Christmas '12 (with my hipster, but not hipster because they're so cliche, adorable sister)  But you get the idea, these walls were G.R.E.E.N.  So green, and it made me so happy, but made all our furniture look so strange...the windows looked strange... we'll try gray on for a while.

IMG_7384

No comments: