Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Get a Head Full of (No-Heat) Curls

no-heat curls

My hair has never held a curl before.  N.E.V.E.R.  Plus, I don't even know how to properly use a blow-dryer.  (Can you see how sad my teen years must have been?)

Grosgrain featured this tutorial, and you MUST try it out!  It's super easy, comfortable, and looks adorable (I think!)

no-heat curls

no-heat curls

no-heat curls

I washed my hair in the morning and let it mostly dry (dry, but still just wet enough to have some body), then ran a blob of mousse through (especially the ends) and tucked and tucked and tucked it around my headband.  I used a bit of hair spray to make sure it didn't unravel, and left it in till the next morning.

Also, if you happen to be around the princess-loving set while your hair is up...they will LOVE it.  Ernie is considering growing out her hair, just to have it up "fancy" like mine.  Knowing how much she loathes brushing her hair, that's quite a compliment!  You know, if you're into compliments from five-year-olds.  (Which I am.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your curls are so pretty! That tutorial looks fun, if I had hair I'd give it a shot. :)

What I Did Today said...

No way! I saw the same thing off Grosgrain and was considering blogging about it too! But you totally beat me to the punch since I don't have the right type of headband with which to try it out. Your hair looks so cute and fun!

Samantha said...

You look amazing. I can't believe that worked. I bet it wouldn't work for me...

Alexandra said...

Brilliant, and the curls look gorgeous on you. I will definitely try this. I have curly hair, but sometimes it frizzes or goes out of control. I have to work at keeping the curls in one piece. I use duck bill clips, but you can't sleep in these.

Mama Papaya said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Catherine Anne said...

This is so cool~