Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Having a Hard Time

"Hope you know...I'm having a hard time."

That's kind of our family's mantra this week, with temper tantrums, gut issues, sleep issues, scraped up knees, paper cuts, un-met WANTS, and all those other normal things that just seem hard at the time.

BUT...there are bright moments.

The girls playing school outside with their Book of Mormon

Glad to see the sun this week!  I found the girls playing on the lawn after lunch, with their scriptures, for "school."

I went jogging last night for the first time in...oh, a long time.  LONG long time.  It was acutely humbling, all 1/4 mile of it. (I might be generous with that distance estimate.) But I had a nice long walk after that, and look forward to getting reacquainted with my running shoes now that the days are longer!  I was almost up to a mile before I got pregnant, and at a healthy weight.  So I have...3/4 mile to add to my distance, and let's say 30 pounds to take off my gut?  My husband and I are racing to a 20 pound weight loss...but since he commutes in on his bike most mornings, and doesn't have free access to all the candy in the house (it keeps coming!!), and isn't trying to get through the day by inhaling Jelly Bellies.....well, I have some work to do to even the odds :)

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Hugs....there will be days like that.

Ticia said...

Oh my that face.......

Alexandra said...

Must be spring fever. My five year old's favorite word lately is "No"(which she thinks is hilarious), and the young teenager is hormonal. It's a wild ride, isn't it! lol.

Su said...

Some days, we have those issues too....

Good luck with running, it's something that I've never been particularly good at, but so many of my friends are into it!