Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Arrgh?


OK my lovelies- cast your vote. Pirate wench? (Booo!) Or crafty boehmian? (Yaaay!)

***Oh YES- More bathroom shots! I seriously need to get a full length mirror, so I can stop checking out my outfits by standing on the bathroom stool...or counter if I want to see my shoes. Am I the only one who does this?***

I recrafted this shirt from my husband's cast off dress shirt- cut off the bottom, trim the sleeves, cut a new neckline, with elastic in a casing. (The tutorial made the rounds last year- if anyone remembers who started this, I'll link to it!) I threw it aside in disgust as soon as it took shape, and in a leap of faith today finished hemming and elasticizing to see what would happen. So far I have 1 vote for "yes." I'm undecided...I wore it all afternoon, and none of my students/parents openly gawked at my fashion choice...but I have a secret dread that I'm ACTUALLY making a fool of myself :) Then again, it's super comfy.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, you're not the only one. http://teahlo.blogspot.com/2010/03/like-son-like-mother.html

LunaMoonbeam said...

Add a flowery, ruffly something or other to one of the upper front chests...and you're in business. Ca-yute! It just needs to be girl-ified.

Casey said...

I like it and I think it works because of the sleeves. They are nice and trim and the length is good. I think a brooch would spice it up. :)

Ticia said...

I like it, but I'm not the best judge of fashion sense...... Okay, I'm a horrid judge of fashion sense. I'll agree with Aunt LoLo, add a ruffle or something, that's the "new in thing."

Teresa said...

Silly girl...YOu look cute in it, clever idea. Maybe if you what to feel a little more girly...maybe sew in some "darts" {if I remember sewing class right} in the front. =)

Samantha said...

Shiver me timbers! But then again, I love pirate wenches. :) You look adorable.

Anna said...

I've been trying to decide what I think, and I've decided that I really can't tell from this picture. If nothing else you have a comfy, wear-around-the-house shirt, for when you don't plan to go anywhere, but if the UPS man comes you aren't in your pj's at 2 in the afternoon.