Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Day We Got Something Done

Today...worked.  Mostly.  Doesn't that deserve to be shouted from the rooftops?

Ernie and I got school done quickly this morning.  In science she learned about standard measurements, like rulers.  She liked that much better than yesterday's lesson on non-standard measurements, like using her hand to measure the desk.  Totally blew her mind, but centimeters were very comforting today.

iPhone 001

We got the upstairs vacuumed- school room, and all three bedrooms!  The kids' laundry went into the machine, which is kind of a personal triumph for me.  Laundry is hard to remember, isn't that silly?

We spent the rest of the day with the cousins- there was an impromptu dance party during the end credits of "Cars."

iPhone 003

Aunt LoLo achieved amazing things today, canning dilly beans and sweet cherries.  I....ate her bread, and held Wonder Boy, and admired the furniture she was building in her garage.  But that's what I always do, so it doesn't really count :)

At home, I made an enormous dutch baby for dinner and the girls gorged themselves on cherries they were supposed to be pitting for the freezer, to make pies this winter.  Scamps.  Admittedly, I was an idiot to walk away from two hungry girls and three pounds of sweet cherries.  Oh, they get away with so much while Wonder Boy is eating!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the dance party! I sure hope there are cherries at the farmers market when I get home. I am so hungry for summer fruit!