Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Meals for the Week

I did it, I wrote it down...so this is me, making sure I don't forget that I have ACTUALLY planned meals for this week!  (Plus....I admit that I forget that I know how to cook sometimes, and come to read these archives to remind myself: "Oh yeah!  I DO know some good recipes!"

So.  There's a lot more meat this week than I normally include, but my freezers are out of control*, and I'm trying to work on that before summer passes me by and I haven't done any stocking up!

Saturday: glass noodles with shrimp and cucumbers

Sunday: marmalade roast chicken, green salad with vinaigrette, boiled potatoes with green onions and sour cream, cherry (?) pie, mint ice cream (Shred extra chicken for frozen casseroles)

Monday: (bread making day) grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, mochi for dessert

Tuesday: (egg day- I trade piano lessons for eggs) biscuits and fried eggs, sausage

Wednesday: spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread

Thursday: fish sticks and mac and cheese

Friday: sandwiches?  

Into the Freezer: chicken for casseroles
Out of the freezer: cherries, shrimp, mint, chicken, cooked ground beef, fish sticks, sausage


*It's so bad, I'm going to write an entire post about it.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Hooray! My week goes by so much better when I have a meal plan in advance. Kudos to you for planning! I think this week for us will consist of lots of eating random foods to use it all up before a big trip out of town. I like the new blog look by the way!

Elizabeth said...

I'm still looking for glass noodles. I am determined to try them. I did do cukes, shrimp and jasmine rice, but I want those noodles! :)

Hey, you have a Southern night planned on your biscuits night.

:)