Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

Well, Saturday was a bust errands-wise, so let's see what we can come up with for this week...considering that both my freezers are FULL, and I'd like to get them cleared out before mid-summer, I'm sure we can do something!

Sunday: We had potato-broccoli soup from the freezer, green salad, pesto pasta leftover from the night before (green garbanzo and basil pesto- very yummy!  Mimi eats these noodles by the bowlful.)  Oh, and garlic bread made from a loaf of Ezekial 4:9  bread that my dad bought me as a joke- a loaf of bread that's based on scripture?  Unfortunately, not even a thick smearing of butter, garlic, parmesan, and parsley could save it.  Oh, and cherry pie for dessert, with sweet cherries from last summer.  AMAZING.

Monday: leftover soup, salad, and I made bread this morning.

Tuesday: Meeting Wonder Daddy for dinner in town for dinner with friends.  Two men are planning this meal...they're going on the assumption that Italian food is best.  Because we have kids, and kids like pasta.  (I normally strip Mimi down to her skivvies when I serve her pasta with sauce... this should be great! :)  Seriously though, I'm excited- I get to talk to adults!

Wednesday: I know it's spring, but I think beans are in order.  I'm preparing a huge load of pintos for a ward party for my parents in 2 weeks, and I haven't made them in a while.  So beans, rice...and if I'm feeling ambitious during naptime, pao de quiejo.  I'll serve veggie sticks alongside, we have lots of carrots and celery to work through.

Thursday: Beans might make a second appearance.  I like to blend beans with salsa for a quick bean dip- Mimi especially adores this.  Maybe we'll have bean and cheese quesadillas?

Friday: Date night.  Oh yeah.

Saturday:  Hmm....Saturdays always get the short end of the stick, I think.  Wonder Daddy and Ernie have a breakfast date that morning with her preschool friends, and hopefully we'll be in the yard for the afternoon.  I know it's not very healthy etc.... but I think the kids might get barbecued hotdogs that night if the weather is nice, and we'll have a picnic on the lawn.  Smoothies for dessert- I've been blending up last summer's bounteous cherries, blueberries, and strawberries with a little soy milk, and some ground flax seed (because I have a Costco bucket of it that's only half-gone, that's why!!)  The kids LOVE these.  If we go shopping this week, I'll pick up some more kale or spinach and throw it in.  Can't wait for our spring garden to start producing our greens for us!

4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Mmmm....sounds great!!

Pizza for us tonight. Gah. I really need to plan out the week!

Su said...

Enjoy your outing to the restaurant today!

Unknown said...

oh I wish I still had berries left from last summer! Definitely have to get a deep freeze this year so I can put more back.

melissa said...

Smoothies for dinner sounds great! I've been on a "green" smoothie kick for about a month. I use Keifer in mine plus a banana, frozen berries or peaches, and a bunch of fresh spinach. I have one for breakfast almost every day.