Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

It's been a while since I planned meals!  It's been a while since I've COOKED real meals too, with Wonder Daddy busy with taxes.

So.

What I have to work with:
celery
fresh garbanzo beans
carrots
cheddar
ham
eggs
bagged salad mix (Parisian, from Costco.)
soy milk

Leftovers:
chili (this will be my lunch one day)
lasagna

Sunday: lasagna, french bread, fresh garbanzos, salad.  Dessert was grandma's famous cobbler, with fresh plum halves, strawberries, and blackberries.  We had a motley collection of fruits donated by my parents, this was a good way to use them up.  If you haven't made this cobbler, please do.  It will change your life.  It's amazing with fresh, canned, or frozen fruit.  Any kind of berry or stone fruit.  Anything juicy.  I imagine that even soft pears would be amazing.

Monday: leftover lasagna, salad

Tuesday: split pea soup with lots of ham, bread (Kids and I are alone that night, and I KNOW E won't even touch this.  I'll freeze the leftovers, cuz I LOVE split pea soup, and I'm the only one in this house who does.)

Wednesday: pizza, carrot and celery sticks with dressing, a dessert (company coming this night, and I want to send treats with Wonder Daddy on Thursday)  Maybe snickerdoodles, I love snickerdoodles so much.

Thursday: pasta with garbanzo/mint pesto  (fresh garbanzo beans taste like peas, and I'm thinking if I whiz green garbanzos with a little olive oil and mint from the garden, it will make a nice light pasta dish.), bread.  Here's a recipe- I think I have a bag of basil in the freezer from last summer.  If I don't, I'll go with mint  because that's already popping up in the garden, as is lemon balm.  Oooh...I'll do this with lemon balm.  Num.

Friday: Our favorite turnovers: biscuit dough smashed into a circle, diced and grated ham and cheese in the middle, and pinched shut.  Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes.  We just had these over the weekend too, but I think Friday calls for a celebration, don't you?

Saturday: date night/afternoon (thanks Mom and Dad!)

Sunday: I'm thinking curry and naan is in order to celebrate the end of the cold weather.  Among other things. We might be celebrating the end of tax season for quite some time!

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hehehe...copycat. ;-)

The menu sounds great! I'm interested to see how that mint pesto turns out. It sounds more like a dessert to me.....you know, a dessert with garbanzo beans. ;-)

I told MaMa this morning about everything you're doing. She told me that when she moves to our town, she wants to grow things like us (she has quite the green thumb!!) and was REALLY intrigued with the idea of bartering for eggs. Then she told me she'd tend MY garden for me, and that's when I fell in love all over again...

Su said...

Hmmm.... yum!! Sounds like a great week ahead. Turnovers sounds especially inspiring. I may have to try it.