Thursday, July 4, 2013


The kids and I did chores/dilly dally-ing in the morning.  A little more dilly-dally than chores, or I would have been at Zumba at 9:00.  We made it out the door around 10:15, for swim lessons.  Cocoa had a rough Tuesday, so I planned on keeping him by my side all day Wednesday.  I packed our swimsuits and a swim  diaper for him, and all the girls gear, and we made it to the y.  With no swim diaper.  Oops.  I suited him up anyway, with the regular diaper and hoped no one would notice the watermelon strapped to his bum.

Cocoa wasn't a big fan of the water, but he liked sitting on the edge and kicking his feet.  Eventually, he let me pull him into the water by his hands, swirl him around, and then plop him back on the side.  We had to stop when his diaper exploded, leaving a baseball-sized pile of engorged diaper stuffing on the edge of the pool.  I wrapped him in a towel and we hit the showers while the girls finished up their swim lessons, with their aunt keeping an eye on them.

I dropped the girls off with their cousins for the afternoon, at Ming Wai's request (their cousin) and took Cocoa home for his nap.  He slept about 1:00 to 4:00, and then woke up to EAT.  1 bowl of pesto noodles, 5 spoons of peanut butter, and two glasses of milk later, and he finally said he was done eating.  I packed up Ernie's new white church outfit, and picked up the girls from their cousins' house.  

We all went to the temple, to meet The Berninger.  She offered to take a portrait of Ernie before her upcoming baptism- an hour and a half later, she had a full card in her camera and Ernie was totally happy that she got to spend time with her Berninger, at her favorite place, and with ALL her favorite statues on the temple grounds.  

We drove by McDonalds on the way home for 1 large fry, 1 cheeseburger with extra pickles, and a ten-piece order of chicken mcnuggets.  Happy kids ate their dinner at home, and then insisted they NEEDED brownies   for  dessert.  Turkeys.  After brownies, they all got ready for bed and Daddy got home from work.  By that time, it was about 9:00 PM!  Way late for bed, but it was a good day.  We read scriptures and listened to their prayers, and the girls were asleep before I got down there to tuck them in.

(This picture of my dinner on Tuesday has nothing to do with anything except I ate the leftovers for lunch, and it looks like Cookie Monster.)

No comments: