Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9, 2013

Bright, shiny Wednesday.  I kind of love Wednesdays.  Piano lessons start at 7:30 am, and the kids get themselves breakfasted and dressed.  (This is much smoother if the tv is off, like it is this week: we all OD'd on "Dorge" last week.)  I had three cute little girls come through for lessons this morning, and I love teaching them.  One of them moved into a new piano series today, one that I learned on, by Robert Pace.  It will be a stretch for her, going from playing in 3 keys (with no key signatures!!) to playing in all of them, but I think she's up for it.  If it's awful, we'll go back to Piano Adventures, but it's a good experiment.  This makes 4 out of my 9 students in this Pace series!

After lessons, we scrambled for the car to make it to the YMCA in time for zumba.  Mimi and Cocoa play upstairs and Ernie comes to class with me.  She's starting to get the hang of the steps, and is a real good sport about it all.  I love that she never gets discouraged, even when she has no clue what's going on.  LOVE that!

We drove over to Daddy's office to drop off a forgotten lunch, and Cocoa was asleep by the time we got home.  Considering that he was up at 6:00...guess it makes sense he took a nap 2 hours early.  (He also fell asleep 2 hours early tonight.  Tired kid.)

Man, why am I writing this all down? Ha.

Pictures!

Cart with fruit and plants, and a little art corner

art and fruit corner

The kids have a thing for eating on the floor this week, especially if it involves fancy toothpicks.  This actually makes LESS mess, they're not so spread out!  (Can we have a moment to contemplate that amazing piece of furniture behind them?  It's so huge, we can never move...but it's worth it!)
Eating grapes is more fun with fancy toothpicks on the floor

Dinner.  We're all about easy dinners this week- crock pot, rice cooker, and now a sheet pan roast.  Tonight's time crunch was our music group class- four little (crazy) girls that line up on the couch and do whatever silly games I tell them to.  It's adorable!  We're working on rhythms right now, it's a little rough going :)

The kids LOVE this meal- roasted cauliflower, quinoa, and sausage (I normally throw chicken thighs on the pan, but they enthusiastically voted chicken apple sausage tonight.)  Costco has bags of cauliflower florets right now- 2 pounds for $3.50.  It was $3.50 per pound last time I bought it at Albertsons, and I had to compost part of it that we don't eat.  I put everything out before class to let it warm up a bit, then toss the cauliflower with olive oil and cook it all for about half an hour.  Quinoa goes in the rice cooker, so that's a hands-off no-brainer as well.  I do well with no-brain things, I tend to need my brain for other activities these days.

Sheet Pan Dinner (cauliflower and sausage)

After dinner we ran out to Sears to return a Lands End sweater that arrived Girls Large (14) instead of Little Girls Large (6.)  Whoops- I fat fingered that.  The girls each came home with a hoodie to wear around the house, and Mimi scored a real backpack.  Ernie is pretty jealous.  They've always wanted lunch boxes and bus rides, too.  Poor homeschooled kids.  They also think that school is 95% recess.

I'm kind of amazed that it's 9:00, and all three kids are asleep.  Wish I had something bubbly to break out besides diet root beer!  This calls for at least a fancy soda in a glass bottle, if not Martinelli's!

No comments: