Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No Stitches Today

Today Cocoa had his first "That thump actually sounded dangerous, Mom is leaping down the stairs trying to get information from the kids as she runs, oh wow I think we need a towel" moment.

Ernie was my helper, getting medical supplies, telling me what happened, and getting herself and Mimi ready to go if we had to.

Thankfully, since he was not punctured, is not vomiting, is not spurting blood, and the wound is not gaping more than a quarter of an inch.... We get to treat it at home. I really thought we were going in for stitches- gaping is not a nice thing to see on a toddler's head! Near as I can tell, he was reaching into a cabinet, lost his balance, and hit his head. Top heavy toddlers.....oh man.

Two hours of rest and clear liquids, cold compress for any swelling, and later he can have medicine and food if he wants. He can nap, but should be checked on after two hours. He needs to keep that bandage on, and needs to sleep with an adult for two nights. (Well, THAT'S no problem, we do that already!).

So, Grandparents, THERE is your report on the intrepid Cocoa. He has a big, hard, head. He is also currently watching Mary Poppins, with socks on his hands. Best way I could think of to keep him quiet and bandaged for two hours!

I think I need a hug! That kid scared me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Boys sure are tough on their bodies aren't they! If you are at all worried, it doesn't hurt to go in. The Pediatrician can often fix it up with a little glue. That's what we did with Henry. It helps if it is in a place you are worrying will scar.

J. said...

Those moments are scary! Hope he continues to do well though.