Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Family Reunion, Part One

Let's walk.  Come with me, while we look at the archives of where I've been the last few weeks.  We start with me getting the family ready for a week-long car trip, while Wonder Daddy is at a conference on the other coast, and end with us reuniting happily with my husband's family at a camp site in Idaho.  And I don't sleep.  Ever.  (Don't worry, that gets better!)


Madebymyrnie 
Jun 19
to Wonder Daddy
I'm never going to sleep, am I???

Cocoa fell asleep on the way home, and has woken up at 12:30, 1:30, and 2:15. Ernie was up at 1:00 finding and filling the sippy cups and crying because I didn't take the tags off her presents yet.  Cocoa hasn't stayed awake long enough to take medicine, so I just did it now.  Amazingly, he swallowed it instead of breathing it in (what normally happens if I give it to him when he's not totally awake.)

I have a dentist appointment at 9:00, because it's been a week since my fillings and I still can't open my jaw more than a finger-width.
It's 2:30 and I've been awake for 2 hours.  At least I got two hours of sleep before this all started!!

I'm nervous about this trip.  I can't get any sleep at home, and trips are normally worse.... :(. I know you are saying "It will be fine!" right now, but I'm just too tired!!


Madebymyrnie 
Jun 20
to Grandpa
Thanks Grandpa!  Nine hours on the road, and we're in Mountain Home.  Not bad for four potty breaks and one stop at a drive-thru!  Kids are thrilled to be out of their car seats :). They've had their baths, and we found a two-room hotel room for a good price.  We didn't bother with a hotel with a pool, because we arrived so late!

Love-
Myrnie


Madebymyrnie 
Jun 22 (8 days ago)
to Aunt LoLo

We made it to Mountain Home Wednesday night, around 9:00 I think.  Girls went to bed at 10, Cocoa went to bed at midnight.  Arrived in St. Charles Thursday afternoon to the camp site.  No burns, no bug bites, win for spray on SPF 50 and deet canisters!  The girls went to bed after dark, Cocoa followed an hour or two later.  Sleeping didn't happen for Cocoa and me, I know I slept twice but I don't think it was very long.  At 4:30 I gave up rocking Cocoa and got in the car.  I gave him half a granola bar and he fell asleep till 6:30.  We drove till 8:00, because he was sleeping again.  I drove south to Fish Haven, North to Paris, up the Paris canyon until I saw cows in the road, south to Garden City (past Fish Haven again) to see what kind of motel I could see, then back north to St Charles to try and find Uncle Terry.  Wonder Daddy passed me looking for me, in case I'd driven off a cliff.

We spent the rest of the day breaking camp, touring Minnetonka cave, eating lunch in town (blt, fried pickle spears, and raspberry shake for me!), taking the girls to see my great aunt and uncle, and settling into the lodge. 

I'm so tired and grumpy!

Cocoa developed a runny nose today, his gums are swollen, and he's been crying and squirming and drooling for an hour which is kind of what he did all night last night.  Ok, now he's goofy and mischievous because the Advil just kicked in.  It was in the 90's today, but it will cool down tonight.  It was 43 when I turned the car on this morning!

027

Ernie and her Nana

BIG SMILE
Cocoa and his TEETH

036

My nephew

039

HAVE A PONY, LITTLE BOY!  Cocoa is just fine with his licorice.  Life be good.


2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Glad the kids had fun!!

Teresa said...

What sweet pictures....looks like tons of fun.
Happy Day