Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Wednesday Night

A gloomy evening is still perfect for a romp on the (gated) deck. The girls are resplendent in their neon Hello Kitty outfits (thanks Grandma!). It's been such a quiet week. Wonder Daddy is scarce on the ground right now with some extra work- I could have filled our days and evenings with activities and friends, but instead I found myself curling up with some good books and letting the kids move around the house in epic imaginary games, and watch a movie in the afternoons. (Mastiff, by Tamora Pierce, and The Sorceress and the Cygnet by Patricia McKillip. Don't let the terrible title or cover deter you- it's yummy fantasy). A decadent week for the introverts in this house! A woman from the next neighborhood over knocked on our door tonight with the sweetest dog on a lead- she wandered into the woman's yard, with no collar or tags. I was so tempted to tell her to leave the dog here! I want a dog... But I'm not ready to add caring for one to my daily tasks. Sigh. A sweet little black lab like her needs lots of walks, lots of ball throwing...but someday, when I don't have a baby to love on, we'll get a big dog :)

Photo

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Looks like a happy night. :-)

Unknown said...

Curling up with books sounds perfectly divine. I'm hoping for some of that tonight:)