Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Baby Wrap


Wow, thanks for all the well-wishes, guys! We've made it to week two, with a lot of help from family. My sanity is slightly shredded at this point, and I look like Jessica Rabbit (although with huge hips) but all in all we're doing well!


I'd forgotten how comfortable my baby wrap is! Our little man took a spin around the house in a "sling hold" the other night, and actually fell asleep while I was playing piano. Granted, he's *almost* too big for this particular wrap method, but it will do until he can hold his head up for a different wrap. (It's the basic wrap, with the front crossed piece that's closest to the body folded in half like a hot dog bun.)

I posted my tutorial a few years ago, but it's still one of my most linked-to posts. SO EASY. If you make one, I'd recommend using 5 1/2- 6 yards of material. When I made mine with 5 yards, I forgot about the post-baby poochiness, and a little extra fabric would be nice.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I've seen the new Mothers using those....I never had one while I was raising my children...looks great. And you are looking good my friend....just two week from having a baby.
Happy Day

Unknown said...

Wish those had been around 25 years ago!

Elizabeth said...

Hi, Myrnie,

I'm still computering at the library while errant device is being repaired.

I love your baby wrap. I wish I'd had one like that my little ones were tiny. Does it hurt your shoulder and upper back at all.

Hey, you don't look frazzled!

Elizabeth

Su said...

I did this toooooo!!! :)
I was quite the sideshow when I started wrapping baby on my back. In public. Yeah...