Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 31, 2015

Sunday!  Day of rest!  Ha.  Hahahaha.  



We left early for church this morning to rehearse an octet number for today's sacrament meeting.  It came together nicely- we had two prior practices and at each one we had a different half of the group.  

Our home teachers came after church, and then I started puttering for dinner.  We had beans (over salted and seasoned), pao de queijo (I ran out of tapioca starch and my oil is rancid- they separated into layers like pita bread, one gummy and one very much like wet Parmesan cheese.  And too salty.). We also had roasted shoestring sweet potatoes and if that had been the only thing I cooked, and served it with runny fried eggs we would have had a lovely dinner.  ALAS!  I just realized I forgot to serve the pineapple I planned on, and I already know I forgot to make rice.  Seriously.  I am a menace in the kitchen right now.  My mouth tastes like a cheesy salt lick. 

But my hair looks fabulous, so there's that.

No comments: