Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Finishing the week


It's the end of the week, and I'm reporting back on the projects.

The bread was a resounding SUCCESS. The crust was so crisp it shattered under my serrated knife, the inside was so moist and full of bubbles, it was almost like pudding. Not quite. It was like...really good bread. For Costco shoppers, it reminded us of their garlic ciabatta loaves. But this doesn't cost $7 for 2 loaves. In fact, I'd be really surprised if the ingredients came out to more than 50 cents! And it certainly didn't look or taste like ANYTHING that has come out of my oven before. Plus, there's about 2 minutes total of hands-on time.

Ernie went to her friend's birthday party this morning. I ended up making a crown, and skipping the whole wand bit. Tried wrapping the stem of a silk flower in ribbon, but couldn't make it work. However, I think the crown turned out really cute! I'll post an easy tutorial, for those who want to complete their Fairy Princess costume.

No comments: