Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Odds and Ends

1. I got a new computer today- it was scrap heap bound from my husband's office. The USB ports don't work.
2. My husband has been trying for 3 hours to make the USB ports work
3. I spent 4 hours in the car today delivering two orders of starts from the greenhouse, taking dinner to my cousin, picking up RAM and memory from a freecycler, picking up my husband (and computer) from work, picking up Dick's Hamburgers, driving through our alma mater campus (go dawgs!), picking up my husband's truck from the park and ride, and driving the truck home (alone. Because my husband is awesome and didn't say a word. Just handed me the keys, and drove off into the sunset with three greasy-fingered kids.)
4. Sourdough bread is fermenting on the counter.
5. My son has remembered how to go to sleep on his own, and trusts me that I will get him when he wakes up. Yippee!! I didn't hear him wake up from a nap last week, and by the time I got there he was frantic. We've had a rough, sleepless, week, building his trust up again. When he wakes up from a nap, I run in with big smiles and cuddles. See? I'll always be here for you. Even when you wake up, sobbing, 6 times in one night. Can you see we don't think much of letting kids cry it out? I think it damages them.
6. Everyone but Daddy got a haircut on the back deck yesterday. Ernie is back to her ear-length bob, Cocoa had his tuft on top shortened, and Mimi and I just had a trim. She's probably told me ten times since then NOT to cut her hair like Ernie's- she wants it looooong like Rapunzel's.
7. The only reason Mimi brushes her hair is to get the curls out so it lays longer and flatter.
8. Ernie finished first grade last week, and is thoroughly enjoying her summer break. 9. I read 6 novels last week. Ernie read more.

Photo

No comments: