Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kids Made This: Hand Sillouhette Window Trees


These are so easy, but I wanted to write down the instructions just in case!

We traced the kids' hands and arms onto a piece of brown construction paper- if it fit on the paper, we traced it! Needless to say, Mimi (above) got quite a bit of arm into her tree!



I helped the kids cut out the hand sillhouettes, and we used watercolor paints on coffee filters, in all sorts of autumn-ish colors.  Once they were dry, I folded them into eighths and cut out leaves.



We made a simple paste of 1/2 cup of flour and a bit of water, cooked in a sauce pot until it was smooth and glossy, and used that paste to stick up our hand prints and leaves! I put the paste straight onto my leaves, but I put the paste onto the window for Mimi and let her stick the leaves into it.



Hand print idea from here
Leaf inspiration from here


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

I think my favorite is yours, with the leaves on the ground...nice touch!

Debbie said...

Those are so cute! I miss those days:(

Sippy Cup Central said...

That is lovely! Karen
Sippy Cup Central Mom

Sarah Craftylocks said...

This is so lovely on the window - the leaves have a real autumn glow!

arianne said...

Love it.

Erin Wallace said...

This is so cool!

xo Erin

The Leithead Family said...

Cute! So it cleans up easy?

MamaBearsCubHouse said...

absolutely ADORE this!
thank you!

melinda